I’ve seen the idea of Sunday Seven on different blogs and really like it so I’m going to give it a try! It’s a break from the usual posts and a chance to get to know me and real life.
Without further ado…
1. This was my last week of unemployment (yay!), so I tried to get things done around the house. Alice saw folding laundry as an opportunity to make a nest in the warm towels and grew more and more perturbed as her bed was taken out from under her. She is a cat that loves small spaces and will crawl into any box put on the floor!
2. Thanks to my freshman roommate, I love experimenting with my nails. The lightless gel nail kit that I got in December was a disaster, but when I saw this ASP Quick Dip Kit for only $13 at Sally, I was intrigued. I’ve never been willing to pay for a full set at a salon, but this worked out well and I’ll be able to reuse the kit several times! My first attempt came out a little rough around the edges, but I’m much happier with the result.
3. I relished the chance to get to sleep in nearly every day this week, and it was so cute to wake up to this guy sleeping face at my feet! Gatsby likes to act tough and catches small animals when he gets the chance, but he’s really a blanket lover at heart. It’s great to have animals around when I’m home all day, it’s so much less lonely.
4. After having an “oh, duh!” moment this week, I realized that my diffuser would get a lot more use if it was out in the living room. I diffused Release and M-Grain for a lot of the week and it was marvelous- especially when I had a migraine.
5. We celebrated my new job with a favorite from our dating days– Jim’s Wings. They’re so good and we’ve been eating them frequently for the last couple of years. I was able to use my dairy free ranch as dipping sauce and it was great! The dinner made an excellent companion to How To Get Away With Murder and our love/hate relationship with Shonda Rhimes.
6. We realized a few weeks ago that our living room needed to be rearranged because it was just too full and we finally got it done this week. We’re now hoping to get a smaller coffee table and a bookshelf, and are aiming to have it match the rest of the furniture a little better. Our house looks like a mixture of college kid furniture and an adult home, but we’re getting there, slowly but surely. The cats loved the switcheroo and explored every inch of it, down to investigating power tools, while the dog was very confused and cowered in the corner.
7. I got to spend a little bit of time with the piano this week- I’ve been fighting getting tendonitis again so I’ve been taking it easy! I love it when the cats sit on top to listen. 🙂
….now looking at all of the photos, it seems like you really just had a chance to get to know my cats better haha! #catlady
How was your week? Did you try anything new?