To my dismay, I’ve been so much worse at blogging regularly! Working full time gives me a very limited amount of time during the day to write, read, and knit (who knew, right?) and so usually I choose knitting. No surprise there.
Here are some of my favorite things from the last few weeks…
- I started teaching piano to an adorable and smart 5-year-old! It’s definitely as much of a learning process for me as it is for her. I am using Faber’s curriculum and although that’s not what I learned to play with, I am really enjoying how it slowly teaches principals of theory– and that it comes with a teacher’s guide.
- We went to our last wedding of the year this last weekend in Steamboat, Colorado and brought our good friends with us. We got an Airbnb, visited Strawberry Hot Springs, explored the town, and hiked. It is definitely fall in the mountains and the leaves are gorgeous! While we were there, I stopped in at Sew Steamboat and got some gorgeous 30% alpaca 70% yarn on sale. I’m so excited to use it- I’m thinking a two-color brioche hat and some headbands if I have leftovers.
- My favorite item in my ipsy bag this month is hands down tarteist lash pain mascara. I’m definitely thinking of buying it after the tester is gone!
- Want to learn brioche knitting? Here’s one of my favorite tutorials.
- Ever since I’ve brought home two giant zucchinis from the garden at work, this recipe for Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Bread from Creme de la Crumb has been my best friend.
- Want to see what I’ve been adding to Etsy lately?
- Last but not least, one of my tweets made it onto this article from Bustle!
What places or products have you loved lately?