February is one of those months that always just flies on by…with Valentine’s and my birthday just a week apart on the 14th and 21st and the month only 28 days long there’s barely time to blink before the month is over.
I started a new job this month so things have been super crazy! I’ve been learning a lot and am really excited about the opportunities available to me in this position. I finally feel like I am in a career path that I’m excited about and that is such a good feeling.
I’ve really liked starting to do these monthly favorites and I hope that you all have found something (or more) that you’ve enjoyed too! Without further ado, here is this month’s roundup.
- Seche Clear and Seche Vive UV Top Coat I found this set at Sally’s and it has been the most long lasting and fastest drying nail polish that I’ve ever had, all for $13 a set! I’ve tried VinylLuxe and other Pinterest hacks, but they all ended up chipping too soon or taking FOREVER to dry. This one far surpassed my expectations and I have no idea how I have never heard of it before.
- Santa Clarita Diet Normally, I can’t handle zombie movies. Or scary movies. Or Dateline. (Basically, I’m a wimp. But somehow I can handle all kinds of true crime podcasts?!) But this is more hilarious than anything, and I love how the writers explore how absurd it would be to suddenly turn into a zombie.
- Bite Beauty Lip Pencil I was slightly skeptical about how great this would be or not when I found out I was going to be receiving this box in the mail, but was nonetheless thrilled that I was getting free lip liner. I was even more thrilled when I tried it on. I should have been expecting to love, because as I have found out with foundation, eyeshadow, and mascara, more expensive makeup definitely makes a difference for pretty much everything…this one glides smoothly on and helps my lipstick stay on for much longer. My only complaint is the packaging…the lid has trouble staying on! *I received for free this in return for an honest review. #thelippencil
- Homemade Rosemary Olive Oil Bread A dear friend has been raving about this bread for months, and then when she made it for our joint Valentine’s day I had to try it for myself!! It is super tasty and is perfectly paired with an olive oil + balsamic vinegar dip.
- Boulder Dushanbe Tea House We went here with my parents at the beginning of the month and it was a really cool experience! The building was handcrafted and built in Dushanbe, Tajikistan and then disassembled and sent to Boulder. It has a very diverse menu and one person can be getting a European breakfast while another has Honduran food! It was a fun experience to share with my parents (and it was their idea to boot!).